The world leaders in dandruff and scalp care reveal the new head & shoulders 3ActionFormula, for unbelievably beautiful and up to 100 per cent dandruff free hair.
As the innovation leaders in superior scalp and haircare, head & shoulders is constantly researching and refining product formulations to deliver unparalleled effectiveness against dandruff without the compromise to beautiful hair.
Tested over 200 times and in development for 10 years, the new advanced head & shoulders 3ActionFormula, is clinically proven to go deeper and remove more dandruff, whilst achieving surprisingly soft and beautiful hair.
Driven to end the compromise that most of us make when it comes to scalp care and beautiful hair results, the exciting reformulation across the entire head & shoulders haircare collection, offers the dual benefits of up to 100 per cent dandruff free hair that’s beautifully soft and hydrated.
GETTING TO THE ROOT OF BEAUTIFUL HAIR
Pioneers in scalp and haircare, head & shoulders scientists discovered the use of Zinc particles in removing dandruff more than 50 years ago, but its scientists are constantly exploring how to optimise the patented formula to provide both unbeatable dandruff protection and great looking hair.
After 10 years of exploration, molecular modelling and countless clinical studies of particle distribution and deposition, head & shoulders scientists have now discovered the importance of smaller size Zinc for both improved hair benefits and scalp health. Inspired by sun care formulations that optimise particle size to deliver a pleasurable feel, the new head & shoulders 3ActionFormula optimises the active ingredient micro-Zinc, to 8x smaller than the previous formulation.
The micro-zinc particles have now been refined to offer a better cleanse, protection against dandruff causing bacteria, and moisturisation to the roots and hair. All creating a stronger foundation for more resilient, touchable hair that is flake-free, in one easy step.
NEW head & shoulders 3ActionFormula delivers three core benefits, all packed into one bottle:
- CLEANSES – providing a rich lather that is deeply indulgent offering best in class unbeatable dandruff removal.
- PROTECT – micro-minerals go deeper into the places where dandruff-causing fungus resides – even after rinsing, enabling unbeatable long lasting dandruff protection for up to 72 hours.
- MOISTURISE – leaves the hair fibres feeling soft and instantly hydrated thanks to active ingredients that lock-in moisture for noticeably smoother, softer hair that is more manageable and beautiful.
Dermatologist Dr. Natasha Cook says: “As a Dermatologist I know the most important thing about skin and scalp care is having the right ingredients in the right concentration, for real results. head & shoulders, the world leaders in anti-dandruff protection have achieved this with the new clinically proven 3ActionFormula, which cleanses, protects and moisturises, providing an easy solution for scalp care in one bottle. Often people are very diligent in caring for their hair and neglect their scalp because they are unaware of how important scalp care is for hair health. With regular use of the new head & shoulders 3ActionFormula, consumers will not only notice they’re dandruff-free, but equally have enviably soft and beautiful hair.”
head & shoulders 3ActionFormula collection:
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Smooth & Silky
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Clean & Balanced
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Apple Fresh
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Dry Scalp
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Itchy Scalp
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula 2in1 Deep Clean
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Old Spice 2in1
- head & shoulders 3ActionFormula Damage Rescue Shampoo
head & shoulders with NEW 3ActionFormula (400ml RRP $12.49) is available nationwide in all major retailers.
With guys taking a surprising number of re-strokes during shaving causing irritation, Gillette has launched the new Fusion ProShield razor – with lubrication before and after the blades to shield against irritation.
According to recent studies, most guys take about 170 strokes every time they shave, and 120 of them are re-strokes over the same area of the face after the initial strokes have wiped away most of the protective shave gel. Despite all of the advances in blade technology, many guys still experience some irritation, largely due to these re-strokes.
Instead of expecting guys to change how they shave, Gillette has made its best cartridge even better to shield guys from irritation. The new Gillette Fusion® ProShield™ with lubrication before and after the blades shields against irritation during every shave – no matter how many strokes he takes.
Shaving over the same spot without lubrication can cause skin irritation, redness and bumps that keep guys from looking and feeling their best. Gillette’s Fusion ProShield razor is engineered to proactively shield against irritation, with new lubrication before the blades in addition to the Lubrastrip after the blades, while still delivering incredible closeness.
“With the latest razor technology, excessive re-stroking isn’t necessary for a close shave, but old habits are hard to break,” says Gillette R&D expert Kristina Vanoosthuyze.
“At Gillette, we constantly look for solutions to help improve the shave for guys, and that is why we are introducing Fusion ProShield with lubrication before and after the blades, to help shield from irritation during the shave. We have changed our blade cartridges so guys don’t need to change the way they shave.”
- New ProShield Lubrication Bar before the blades, in addition to the Lubrastrip after the blades, shields from irritation.
With all of the features of Gillette’s most advanced ProGlide blade cartridges:
- Our thinnest, finest blade edges with less tug and pull
- Gillette’s most advanced blade coating
- Blade Stability Bar maintains optimal blade spacing for exceptional comfort
- MicroComb to help guide stubble to the blades
- Precision Trimmer for accurate edging
- On Gillette’s FlexBall technology handle:
- FlexBall handle with innovative pivot to respond to facial contours for maximum contact2
Two varieties available:
- Standard (Yellow)
- Chill™ with Cooling Technology (Blue)
Gillette Fusion ProShield razors (RRP $26.49) are available from leading retailers.
Braun – the world’s most trusted epilation brand – rewrites the rules on how to achieve beautifully smooth skin with the Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa, helping you to silence your beauty inner critic once and for all!
Feeling beauty ready starts with the skin you’re in – even before you’ve put on your make up or chosen your outfit for the day. Having beautiful, silky smooth skin makes you feel good about yourself from the moment you wake up – and maybe even a little more daring than usual when it comes to your wardrobe.
Whether it’s that slinky 90’s inspired slip dress, sheer chiffon shirt or metallic mini skirt you’ve been waiting for the right moment to debut, when you feel skin confident – you’re able to break free. Braun’s precision tools put the power in your hands to help you achieve strong foundational beauty so that you can reveal your most beautiful self. After all, it’s only when we feel in control that we’re able to silence our beauty inner critic once and for all.
Revitalise your grooming routine and achieve ultimate skin confidence with Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa, our fastest and most precise epilator to date. Braun brings together two treatments: a new exfoliation brush and state-of-the-art epilation to provide the ultimate beauty solution for gorgeous non-stop smooth skin.
The New Deep Exfoliation brush leverages Sonic Exfoliation Technology, which uses more than 3,000 micro-vibrations per minute, leading to 6x more effective exfoliation than a manual treatment at home. Its 10,000 bristles maximize the surface of the skin treated in one touch, while their triangular shape helps significantly reducing the ingrown hairs. The New Deep Exfoliation brush complements the existing Sensitive Exfoliation Brush, which helps you to gently sweep away dead skins in delicate and sensitive areas like the décolleté.
On top, thanks to Braun Silk-epil, which removes 4 x shorter hairs than wax can catch, you can enjoy long-lasting smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
Global beauty icon and Braun Beauty Ambassador, Jessica Alba comments: “I love having smooth, silky skin every day because it makes me feel really good about myself. With Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa, there’s no need for ‘in-between’ beauty days which means I know that my hair and skin will always look their best, and in turn, help me make the most of my day.”
Let your skin do the talking this year thanks to Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa with Braun’s body beautiful skin care regime:
- Week 1: For ultimate comfort, epilate in the shower with your Braun Silk-épil 9. Hold your epilator at a 90 degree angle and slowly glide against the direction of your hair growth, applying even pressure to reveal beautifully smooth, silky, hair-free skin. Tip: soak skin on legs and underarms in warm water first to soften skin
- Week 2: Exfoliate once using your Sensitive Exfoliation Brush and creamy shower gel. Tip: work the brush in slow circular motions from your ankles upwards concentrating on any dry or bumpy areas
- Week 3: Exfoliate once using your Sensitive Exfoliation Brush and creamy shower gel. Tip: finish by treating your skin with a rich, luxuriant moisturiser
- Week 4: Exfoliate once using your NEW Deep Exfoliation Brush and a creamy shower gel. Tip: skin is perfectly primed for epilation!
- Repeat the routine!
In addition, to complement your beauty routine, selected Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa packs will also be available to purchase with the Braun Cleansing Facial Brush – offering a head-to-toe beautiful skin solution.
Braun Silk Epil SE-9961e (RRP $299) is available from leading retailers from the end of April
Braun reveals the key to success in work, life and love… is your morning routine. Partnering with world renowned sleep doctor and best-selling author, Braun unveils the secret to how we can all become better in the morning
- Expert reveals a link between the morning routine and success in work, life and love
- If optimized, a person’s morning routine can boost energy, focus and build confidence
- Research reveals that we all have the ability to become better in the morning with the right routine
- According to expert, the best time of the year to change your routine is in autumn when the clocks go back
- New theory supersedes previous thinking that people only have two types of chronotype (body clock): a morning person (the early bird) and an evening person (the night owl)
The research, conducted in partnership with sleep doctor Dr. Michael Breus (author of The Power of When), has revealed that by making subtle shifts in your daily morning habits we can manipulate our body clock to make mornings not only more tolerable, but help with our daily outlook.
According to Dr. Breus, if we get the routine right, we can greatly improve our potential for success in work, life and even love by significantly enhancing physical and psychological attributes such as confidence, focus, drive and energy.
We all have a genetically determined body clock personality known as our chronotype. Your ideal morning routine will be tailored to your chronotype which is rooted into your DNA.
Whilst previous thinking had focused on only two; an early morning person (the early bird) and an evening person (the night owl), Dr. Breus has discovered that there are in fact four distinct chronotypes common to all mammals, which Dr. Breus has labelled, The Wolf, The Bear, The Lion and The Dolphin.
According to Dr. Breus, very few of us fall into the extreme chronotypes groups originally believed to represent all of us (10% are early risers and 10% are late night people). The reality is that most of us fall between these categories so making shifts to our internal clocks is much easier. Getting that morning person feeling is therefore not as difficult as most of us realize, with a little dedication and the right routine we can all experience the morning benefits that many of us thought were impossible.
An area that has seen a large growth in morning routine This new research has allowed Braun and Dr. Breus to design a matrix allowing people to uncover their ideal morning routine. People can identify their chronotype and ideal morning schedules by answering the questions in the Morning by Design infographic.
The key isn’t just how you wake up, it’s what you do immediately after you wake up that sets the tone for the rest of your day. Whether it’s the day of a big interview, a dreaded dinner with the in-laws or a hot date, the new findings can help you set your objectives for the day and achieve them. Dr. Breus’ advice on using your morning routine to achieve success in work life and love; focus is in grooming. “Men have never been more under the microscope than we are today and are keen to ensure the grooming regime plays an integral role in their routine”, said Dr. Breus.
Braun Grooming Expert, Sascha Breuer, said, “Over the last few years we have witnessed a dramatic shift on the importance men place on looking their best before walking out of the door. Having a morning routine in place has proven to boost confidence for tackling the day ahead. Grooming is central to a man’s morning routine and is the key in boosting confidence because when you know you look good, you feel good. An underestimated, yet crucial factor is shaving, and the best shaving tool to achieve that every day is the new Braun Series 9 shaver, as it ensures the most efficient and an exceptionally gentle shave.”
And it’s the tools by Braun that make men achieve their sharpest look setting a new standard of excellence with the Braun Series 9. Thanks to its state of the art attention to detail and premium design, it is the ultimate tool for a great shave. The innovation of the collection is Braun’s NEW HyperLift and Cut trimmer. Customized with a Titanium coating used to coat precision tools, the trimmer provides a sleek ceramic finish giving the shaver an unprecedented sliding surface, making it highly biocompatible with skin, and helping reduce friction for an ultra-sleek shaving experience.
Dr. Breus’ tips for success at work
One of the strongest weapons to help you get ahead in the workplace is efficiency. The power of maximizing productivity with minimum wasted effort all comes down to taking a systematic and well organized approach to your day. To optimize your preparation for this, tighten up your morning routine, keeping each element down to 10 minutes. A fast structured routine from the moment you wake will set you on a pattern of efficiency for the day.
This new research has allowed Braun and Dr. Breus to design a matrix allowing people to uncover their ideal morning routine. People can identify their chronotype and ideal morning schedules simply by answering the questions in the Morning by Design infographic.
The key isn’t just how you wake up, it’s what you do immediately after you wake up that sets the tone for the rest of your day. Whether it’s the day of a big interview, a dreaded dinner with the in-laws or a hot date, the new findings can help you set your objectives for the day and achieve them.
Dr. Breus’ tips for success in life
Life outside the work space isn’t any less stressful. Dinner with your in-laws or a shopping day with your partner can test even the most patient. To heighten your inner calm, make exercise a key factor within your morning routine. Spend a few extra minutes with exercises for the body and mind. It will help you build the focus and balance that you require to stay cool through the day.
Dr. Breus’ tips for success in love
If you are heading out on a date or looking for love, you might want to invest some extra efforts into your grooming routine to help you shine with confidence throughout the day (or night). When getting ready, try not to consider the grooming routine as something that just needs to be done. It’s all about nailing that shave and getting the outfit right. When you feel like you are looking your best, it helps you to be at your most confident.
Braun has developed Top 10 tips to work for every chronotype and, according to Dr. Breus, if followed, will help you become a morning person.
Dr. Breus’ Top 10 tips to designing your perfect morning routine:
- Go to bed at the right time (for you) every night, including weekends. The more consistent your sleep times, the easier it is to wake up. Start with your weekday wake up time and count backwards 7.5 hours (if you wake at 6:30am, your new bedtime is 11:00pm). You can then adjust this accordingly. If you stop needing an alarm after about 10 days, you found your ultimate bedtime.
- Never hit the snooze. The average snooze button is between 7-9 minutes long, your body cannot physically get into a deep refreshing state of sleep in this short period of time. Set the clock for that last minute before you need to wake up, to get all of your deep REM sleep.
- Get direct sunlight for 10 min before you do anything else. Melatonin (the sleep hormone) is still being produced in the morning, but it stops immediately when sunlight hits the optic nerve through your eyes. Go outside or in front of a window and soak it in.
- Drink an 8oz glass of room temperature water. While sleeping you breathe out about a liter of water, and you wake up dehydrated. HYDRATE, it is one of the fastest ways to give yourself a boost (not to mention kick in your metabolism).
- Let there be music. Turning on music is one of the easiest ways to invigorate yourself and get your brain going. Pick a song that is up-beat, even sing in the shower if you want.
- Don’t forget to breathe. Take 5-6 deep breaths in and out revitalizing you with some clean morning air. This increases your heart rate allowing your body to acclimatize to the day ahead more quickly.
- Exercise your body and mind. A bout of physical and/ or mental exercise increases your focus making you more alert and focused throughout the day. Consider 10-15 push- ups, and a 1-5 minutes morning meditation once out of the shower.
- Take a cool shower. While in the shower remember that hot water can raise your core body temperature which is a sleep signal to the brain. Make the water cool, not cold, to continue to bring on alertness.
- Start your day with a good breakfast. Studies show eating a high protein breakfast can improve memory and concentration levels, improve mood and lower stress levels. Like any other organ in the body, the brain needs energy to work at its best.
- Looking good is feeling good. Never underestimate the role your grooming regime and fashion choices have in your confidence. If you shave, then use a shaver that gives you the best results.
Braun Series 9 shaver (RRP $699) is available from leading retailers.
Braun unveils first full styling range allowing men to achieve the most precise facial hair styles with ease. Braun’s new styling products support a man’s grooming needs with precision tools to get the look he wants from head to toe.
Leading grooming brand, Braun, has further strengthened its style credentials with the launch of the brand’s first full styling line up for a man’s facial, head and body hair. The new range of styling tools features up to 9 in 1 versatile multi-grooming kits and two improved beard trimmers with up to 39 precision length settings for ultimate styling control. Simple to use, precise tools enabling men to create any look they want and express their individual style.
The new Braun multi-grooming kits, individually assorted for grooming the face, head and body, consist of up to 9 attachments. Whatever the styling job is, these tools make sure it gets done properly – fast and fuss free, even in the shower. They adapt to any styling preference and give men the freedom to create a variety of looks. Supplemented by the Gillette Fusion ProGlide with Flexball technology and the Gillette BODY razor featuring Gillette’s thinnest, finest blades further enhance the experience, ensuring a smooth shave and optimal comfort.
The enhanced styling range also features two improved Braun beard trimmers with up to 39 precision length settings for ultimate precision and 100% styling control. Two trimming combs create precise styles down to the very last millimeter while the extra small trimming attachment helps to define sharp lines and shapes. Lifetime lasting blades and batteries further highlight the quality engineering.
Braun understands that men want to achieve their desired look with precision and ease. With this in mind, Braun set out to update its styling range which is already trusted by millions of men worldwide who rely on its intuitive design, German craftsmanship and superior styling power. This is a product to cater to the specific needs of every modern man, offering the ultimate in precision for 100% styling control down to the smallest details.
Braun multi-grooming kits (RRP $119) are available from leading retailers from the end of April